Amish Promises by Leslie Gould


I usually have a non-fiction and a fiction book going at the same time.  I find it helps to be able to go back and forth.  If I'm reading a particularly intense non-fiction book, a lighter work of fiction allows me to have a break from thoughtful wrestling. 

This was a delightful read.  If you're gearing up for toasty weather this weekend and want a book to take into your air-conditioned happy place, I recommend this to you.  If you have enjoyed Amish fiction in the past, then you'll know the basic plot line:  An Amish girl meets an Englischer and falls in love then faces the choice whether or not she should remain in the community or leave it.  I won't tell you what she chooses, but I will tell you that this was a light, breezy, and enjoyable read.

Pull out your library card and prepare for a lovely literary weekend!

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis