The Heaven of Animals by Nancy Tillman


Sometimes when I'm making a cart of children's books up for the page to put away, a book will catch my eye.  I have no little ones at home anymore and I don't have grandchildren yet, so I get to or have to read a book like this on my own.  For this one I should have had a tissue or two at the ready.

If your family has recently lost a pet, this was a lovely, peaceful book.  The illustrations inside the book are just as beautiful as the cover.  I found it comforting for myself and I think it would be a great way to help your child to talk about his or her feelings after the loss of a beloved animal.  My favorite part was when the angels call out to your pet they know his name.  When your pet hears the angel's voice it isn't a new voice, it sounds just like yours.  Yes, I'm tearing up writing this!  And now I recommend this book to you.

Until next time...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis