The Narnia Chronicles Book Three


The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis

I love Narnia!  Have I mentioned that I love Narnia?  After listening to The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe I needed to continue the series posthaste!  

This is a story of what happens to the Pevensie children during their reign over Narnia.  At the end of book two they are no longer children in Narnia, but all grown up.  The Horse and His Boy tells a little about Narnia's relationship with some of the surrounding kingdoms and how they handled a particularly sticky relationship.

King Edmond and Queen Susan are visiting Calormen, Prince Rabadash has proposed to Queen Susan and is waiting impatiently for her answer.  When King Edmond discovers a bit of treachery, he and Queen Susan and their trusted advisers need to figure out a way to get home to Narnia.  After they escape, a young boy, Shasta, must carry important news to the friends of Narnia to rescue them all from Prince Rabadash's wrath.  He and his traveling companion, a girl named Aravis, arrive just ahead of the prince's army.

Here is my favorite scene from the book:

"Then it was you who wounded Aravis?"

"It was I."

"But what for?"

"Child," said the Voice, "I am telling you your story, not hers.  I tell no one any story but his own."

When I find myself questioning things happening around me and wonder why others seem to have it better or easier than I do I remind myself of what Aslan said to Shasta, I don't need to know anyone else's story.  Just my own.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home