Cool Gadgets


And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

Our library has been adding Playaway books to our collection.  I think they're pretty cool!  They're battery powered recorded books that fit into the palm of your hand.  All you do is plug your earphones into the device and you're good to go!  I was using mine when I was doing dishes, folding laundry, and whatever other household tasks needed to be accomplished.

I'd never read Agatha Christie before this fall.  Murder on the Orient Express is one of the titles that our high school students need to read for summer reading.  It intrigued me, so after the students were done reading it and completing their projects I read it and loved it.  When I saw this book come through, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Ten people receive an invitation for a party at a house on Soldier Island off the coast of England.  The 10 guests don't have any apparent connection and seem an odd assortment for a house party.  Each one has a secret.  One by one they are murdered until none are left.  I thought I had it figured out until close to the end, but then Ms. Christie rocked my world!  I wasn't even close.  

If you've never read an Agatha Christie novel, I do recommend that you try one soon.  She gives exactly as much detail as she needs and no more.  Very rarely is anything as it seems and if you figure out the ending, I'll eat my hat!  This particular recorded version was read by Dan Stevens (Matthew from Downton Abbey and the Beast from the live action Beauty and the Beast).  He's a wonderful reader.

I would like to hear how you enjoy this title once you've read it.  Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home