A Little Mystery...A Little Out of Order!


Death Comes to the School by Catherine Lloyd

This is book five in the Kurland St. Mary Mystery Series that I read AFTER I read book six.  Clearly I was a little confused when I checked these out of the library!  Mysterious notes without a return address begin arriving at different homes around the village of St. Mary, nasty notes that threaten to reveal secrets that the villagers would prefer were left hidden.  Then the school teacher, Miss Broomfield, is found at her desk - dead!  Is Miss Broomfield's death somehow connected to the notes?  Did she write them?  Did someone else?  

Even though I read the books out of order, the mystery itself wasn't ruined for me in any way.  It was still a fun way to spend my weekend with just enough suspense to keep me guessing.  Some of the relationship story between Lord and Lady Kurland I already knew how it was going to resolve, because I read the books out of order, but as I said it didn't ruin the main story for me.  I enjoy the lightness of the story, I've enjoyed getting to know the villagers and the Kurlands' family members, and I enjoy the relaxation that I find when I read Ms. Lloyd's books.  

But, as LeVar Burton would say, you don't have to take my word for it.  Check out Catherine Lloyd's books from your library today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis