Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis



I wanted to know what the buzz was about and why I kept seeing this book go through the library at lightning speed, so I put the book on hold and finally read it last weekend.  Ms. Hollis is an engaging writer and excellent story teller.  I can totally understand why people enjoy her website, blog, and books.  I do think that we women have a tendency to put ourselves last and not achieve the goals we hope to do and she had some great advice on how to change that.  Before or right after you read this book, I suggest that you read this review.  There is good advice to be had from this book, but we need to be wise in what counsel we follow. 

There were some pieces of advice I intend to follow, but I recommend this book to you with reservations.

Comments


  1. Focus on self won't bring fulfillment.

    I am concerned with all the things out there marketed as Christian that are something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I thought I was excited about this -- for my girls -- but upon further investigation, I was disappointed with the reviews.

    I do agree women often put themselves last and care for others or are more concerned about the feelings of others. This can be a blessing and a curse. Finding the right balance may be the key. God does not want us to be door mats. We need to be wise.

    I'm going to read the link in your post, too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home