Murder on Monday


Death Wears a Mask by Ashley Weaver

This is the second book in Ms. Weaver's Amory Ames mystery series.  I have so enjoyed her books.  I'm absolutely a fan of Nick and Nora Charles of The Thin Man movies and these books are similar in feel to Nick and Nora stories.  

Amory Ames is invited by a long time friend of her mother to a dinner party.  While there Mrs. Barrington asks Amory to investigate the theft of several pieces of jewelry.  They lay a trap for the thief, but when someone is murdered as they wait for the thief to take the bait....  Well, you'll have to read the book to find out!

This book has a nice pace.  It kept my interest throughout.  I liked the character development of Amory and her husband Milo.  It was just a fabulous way to spend a Sunday afternoon relaxing.  Throw a cup of tea into the mix (which I did!) and you have a perfect day.

Until next time... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis