A Little Bit of Lewis


C.S. Lewis' Little Book of Wisdom

I've probably told you before, and just a warning I'll probably tell you again, that one of the great things about working at a library is that when people return books I often run across titles that I must check out for myself and end up enjoying them immensely.  This one came across my desk last week and being a lover of C.S. Lewis, I needed to read it.  

This is simply a book of quotes from Mr. Lewis' various books and articles.  They're divided into sections on friendship, love, Aslan's country, etc.  It would make a great Christmas, graduation, Mother's/Father's Day, birthday, or any other occasion gift for someone who loves Mr. Lewis' writings.  I read a section or two before bed each night, which gave me something to ponder as I drifted off to sleep.

I'll leave you with a quote from the section Aslan's Country:

But I will not tell you how long or short the way will be; only that it lies across a river.  But do not fear that, for I am the great Bridge Builder.  ~The Voyage of the Dawn Treader  

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

What I've Been Reading

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis