Murder on the Orient Express



I admit out loud that until now I have never read an Agatha Christie novel.  Ever.  It wasn't because I had anything against her or her writing, I had just never got around to reading her work.  I'm glad for the push that the reading challenge gave me to read a classic novel.  I had debated about rereading a Jane Austen novel, but decided instead that I needed to branch out.  I still need to read a book that I've read before as part of the challenge, so Ms. Austen isn't out of the running yet!

I really enjoyed Murder on the Orient Express.  It's different from other "whodunnits" I've read before.  The story is really all about the events and the dialogue.  If you want to know what color dress someone was wearing and whether or not there was lace, you'll be disappointed.  I didn't see the ending coming (I was blinded by my belief about who committed the crime).  I can also say that I will be reading more Agatha Christie novels.   I'm only sorry that I didn't discover her until now!

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis