A Noble Masquerade by Kristi Ann Hunter



Are any of you runners?  I don't mean fitness runners, I mean marathon runners?  There's an expression used by marathon runners "hitting the wall."  It means when they get to that point in the race when their body says, "no, I can't go any further" and they have to talk themselves into completing the course.  I've felt lately like I've hit a literary wall of sorts.  My goal for the year is to read two books a week so that I will have read 104 books at the close of 2018.  I'm a librarian for crying out loud, this should be a piece of cake, right?! 

I'm not sorry that I set the goal.  So far this year I've read more books than I read all of last year (in 2017 I read between 60 and 70 books, in 2018 I've read 72 so far), but I'm four books behind if I'm going to meet my goal.  I've read a number of stretching books.  They've stretched my thought life spiritually, culturally, and emotionally and I'm thankful.  I guess with the busy-ness of my children going off to school, busy-ness at work, and just the stuff of life here at home I just don't feel like thinking right now.  So, I'm reading some easy, breezy books. 

A librarian friend of mine introduced me to this author.  This is another Christian fiction offering.  It's a clean, enjoyable read with only a few surprises.  This is another book that would make a pleasant beach or rainy weekend read (accompanied by gallons of tea!).   I felt delightfully entertained by the story.  And now I recommend it to you.  Enjoy!

Until next time...

Comments

  1. 60+ books per year... When will you run out of books? Ha ha...it just seems like a lot to me, but then I remember there's a library in London with many floors. Besides, when you run out of books, you can read blogs! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis