Health and Fitness



I read The Clean 20 by Ian K. Smith and 100 Days of Real Food on a Budget by Lisa Leake over the last week.  These are great books to read together.  Ms. Leake's book zeroes in on strategies to eat more real food and less processed without breaking the bank.  Dr. Smith's book takes the idea of eating real food and adds weight loss and fitness. 

What I liked, the books' eating plans are very similar.  In a world of conflicting nutritional advice from experts this was a welcome change.  Neither author advocates a diet that removes any food group.  Both allow meat, dairy, vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.  Neither plan restricts the number of times you eat or has a "no snacks" policy.  Both present a mindful approach to eating.   I thought both authors were clear and easy to follow.  Dr. Smith includes exercises in his book.  I felt that the directions made sense. 

I'm currently participating in a 10,000 steps a day challenge in the county where I work.  These books were the inspiration I needed to make some dietary changes.  I've already lost a little more than a pound.  I'm planning to keep losing weight and gaining fitness.

Until next time...

Comments

  1. I think this is the first time in history that humans have had to try to be mindful of what we eat. People used to fight to survive. Now we have more than enough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis