Joyful by Ingrid Fetell Lee



Book number 79 for the year!  One more book and I'm back on track!  That will happen before the end of the week, I'm sure.  I'm half way through a work of fiction and I have two works of nonfiction waiting to be enjoyed.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough to you.  It's 10 chapters in length, each chapter talks about a different area of life that can bring joy (color, play, surprise, etc).  If you're like me and don't always have large chunks of time to read, you'll appreciate that each chapter had natural stopping points so you can read a complete thought and bookmark your spot for later.  I loved that this isn't a "get your life in order plan" or "buy these gadgets to make you feel better plan."  This is mindful seeing.  I came away feeling encouraged to open my eyes and look around me for the beauty that's mine for the enjoying.  I was also encouraged to really think about color, pattern, texture, order and how they influence my joy.  One of my goals after reading this book is to be more aware of these things before I purchase new clothing or furniture or paint a room in my home.  Why not be a bringer of joy to myself and my family and any who enter my home?

You might want to pair this book with a book about hygge.  The ideas complement each other well.  Head to your library or bookstore today to find Joyful. 

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis