Love Does by Bob Goff



I can't decide if I liked this book or not.  I didn't know much about it going into it, but considering the title is Love Does, I expected it to have more practical ideas of how to actually express love.  There was some of that, but there were also a  number of essays about the quality of love, and God's love.  I know those topics are necessary in learning how to express love.  It felt like the essays lacked order, ideas jumped around a bit.  His writing voice was hard for me to settle into and learn from and enjoy.  Having said that, there were a lot of good things that I gleaned from the book.  Mr. Goff shared a story about hitchhiking and a lesson he learned:

I learned something hitchhiking that day.  I learned that even though I needed a ride to get somewhere, I had a lot of power over who I'd hitch a ride with.  I know it sounds simple, but life is like that.  You become like the people you hang around, and to a great degree, you end up going wherever they're headed.  When there is someone else behind the steering wheel, it needs to be someone you'd trust with your life, because you've given a great deal of control over your life to them.

So, I guess I recommend that you read it and decide for yourself.  Not every author's writing voice is going to appeal to every reader.  This is more than likely my issue.  There was worthwhile information and instruction in this book for certain.  

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis