Recovery Sunday


I really didn't feel well Sunday.  I stayed home from church and stayed on the couch for the whole day.  I don't like feeling punky, but on the positive side I did finish this book that I had started a few days before.  An Inconvenient Beauty by Kristi Ann Hunter is the fourth and last in her series about the Hawthorne family.  Griffith Duke of Riverton is the last of the Hawthorne siblings to remain unmarried and is finally looking for a wife.  He is a thoughtful man and logically decides which of the available marriageable women should be his wife.  It's too bad another lady captures his heart!  It might spoil all of  his well thought out plans! 

This was a pleasant way to spend my recovery day.  I now recommend it to you.



Because I finished my other book early in the day, I started and finished My Name is Victoria by Lucy Worsley.  This is a Young Adult novel set during the girlhood of Queen Victoria.  It's a story of re-imagined history, what if everything we thought we knew wasn't as it seemed to be.   I'm afraid to tell you too much about the plot for fear of giving too much away.  I loved it!  It held my attention, it was believable, and the ending was satisfying.  I truly can recommend this book to you.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis