Business and Social Media


Pinfluence by Beth Hayden

The title of the book really is the book's purpose statement.  Ms. Hayden is writing to help people know how to use Pinterest to promote and grow their businesses.  The book is older (it was published in 2012), so some of the information is dated (e.g. there is no more "like" option).  However, I still found this a worthwhile read.  I didn't read the book cover to cover, I skimmed a lot of it and deeply read the sections that were applicable to my use of Pinterest in a nonprofit setting.

I thought it was clear and very readable.  She packed the book with real life examples from businesses - some businesses you would recognize.  It was practical and many of the strategies could be immediately applied.  Pinfluence made me rethink some of how we use our Pinterest account in the library setting.  There will be changes to our Pinterest account in the near future, I think!  

If you are a business owner or are the person in charge of social media for your place of employ I recommend this book to you.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home