Having Daughters in University



More Than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell and Sean McDowell

One of the great things about having daughters in university is that they will sometimes bring home textbooks that interest me.  One of my daughters took a class about the life of Christ and this was one of her textbooks.  I've read the older version before, but this one is updated and co-authored by the father and son team.  I'm not going to add my words, I'm just going to share one story from the book that I especially loved and encourage you to read the book for yourself.  Whether you have questions about who Jesus Christ is or you know Him, but want to know Him better this book is for you.

At this point many people ask the natural question, "Why couldn't God just forgive without requiring payment?"...Wherever there is forgiveness, there is payment.  For example, let's say my daughter breaks a lamp in my home.  I'm a loving and forgiving father, so I hug her and say, "Don't cry, honey.  Daddy loves you and forgives you."  Usually the person who hears that story will say, "That's exactly what God ought to do."  Then comes the question, "Who pays for the lamp?"  The fact is, I do.  Forgiveness always has a price...This is what God has done for us:  He has said, "I forgive you."  But He paid the price for the forgiveness Himself through the Cross.  pages 156, 157

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

The Upside of Traveling Long Distances