Practicing His Presence by Brother Lawrence and Frank Laubach

This is one of the books I try to read yearly.  I have certainly not perfected keeping Christ in mind every moment of every day, hence the reason this book needs to be read yearly.  I find that different passages stand out to me each time I read this little book (it's only 106 pages).  I thought I'd share the passages that spoke to me this reading.


This is the best way to act: talk a great deal to the Lord.  Frank Laubach page 23

We ought not to be discouraged on account of our sins; rather, simply pray for the Lord's grace with perfect confidence, relying upon the infinite mercies of the Lord Jesus Christ.  God has never failed offering us His grace at each action.  I can distinctly perceive that grace, and I am never without a sense of that grace unless it is when my thoughts have wandered from a sense of God's presence or I have forgotten to ask the Lord for His assistance.   Brother Lawrence page 56

Anyone is capable of a very close and intimate dialogue with the Lord.  It is true, some find it easier than others.  But remember, the Lord knows that face too!  So begin.  Whether you are one who finds this easy or difficult is not important.  Begin.  He knows which category you are in!  It just may be that He is only waiting for a resolution on your part to start.  So make that resolution.  Now!  Bother Lawrence page 72


This is not a difficult book to read, but it is highly convicting.  Even though this is a convicting read, I come away encouraged.  I'm encouraged that I can have this kind of constant communication with the Lord and that my failures won't keep me from growing in this communication.  God forgives my failings and He wants to have this kind of close communication with me!

Until next time...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

What I've Been Reading

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis