This book is a yearly read, because I need the regular reminder that God does His part and I need to do my part to grow in Christ-likeness. This is a great read if you need direction for getting out of debt or just a resetting of your attitude toward money. If you enjoy historical fiction, this may be the book for you. This is the author's idea of what a possible back story for King Hezekiah and Queen Hephzibah might have been. I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Because sometimes you need a good picture book. I think we all go through mid-faith crisis at least once - probably more than once in our lives. I appreciated her honesty and I could see myself in some of her story. I liked the authors' take on cancer prevention and treatment. They really put a lot of power back into the hands of the patient. We have more control (for good or for ill) over our own health than we realize, I think. Enjoy!...
We picked up child number 2 from school this week. It's quite a trip, about 10 hours each way, and it's a perfect time to get some reading done (my husband prefers to do all of the driving). The Ladies of Ivy Cottage and The Bride of Ivy Green are books 2 and 3 in the Tales from Ivy Hill trilogy. They're set in Regency era England about 10 years after Jane Austen's novels would have taken place, if you enjoy Jane Austen's work, I think you might enjoy these stories. They aren't written on the level of Austen, but there are elements that have a familiar Austen feel. The trilogy follows friends Jane Bell, Mercy Grove, and Rachel Ashford, three single women trying to find their way and make ends meet in an era when not having a husband (or rich brother, father, or uncle) could be difficult on a good day. What I liked: There was romance, but it didn't dominate the story line. The situations the ladies found themselves in were pretty plausibl...
I thought that it might be a good idea to share with you some (possibly) universal, yet unacknowledged truths about librarians. Increased understanding of our merry, but quiet band will certainly make your next trip to the library more enjoyable. - Yes, our TBR piles are completely out of control. We spend time reading library publications and book catalogs to order material for the library, we share what we're reading with each other, and patrons share what they are reading with us as well. Our literary eyes are bigger than our stomach, if you will, and we just keep adding to that pile of books. As long as we can see over that pile, we feel like it's not that bad really. - Cardigans are an official part of our uniform. There's even a class in the Master's of Library and Information Sciences program to guide the fledgling librarian in choosing the right style and color cardigan. OK, that's not true, but it probably should be. - We really do...
This is Good.
ReplyDeleteWise...