Financial Know-How



Love Your Life Not Theirs by Rachel Cruze

Yes, this is Dave Ramsey's daughter.  Yes, she does go over many of the same principles that her father teaches.  So, what's to like about this book if you've already read Dave Ramsey's material?  

What I love about this book is that she's young, she's been married only a few years, hasn't been in the work force for that long, and only has one child.  She is where so many other young people are right now -  but without the debt.  She can speak to the transitions and pressures that young adults are facing, but with sound financial wisdom.  She totally understands the desire to have all of the toys right now, but also has financial boundaries in place to keep herself from foolish decisions.  I found her writing engaging and friendly.  I felt as if I was having a conversation with a friend who had my best interests at heart.

I think this would be a great book to give an engaged couple to begin the financial conversations before the wedding so they can actually enjoy some wedded bliss.  If you are one who does premarital counseling, this would be a wonderful resource to add to your library.  As an older woman who has children who are in the young adult stage of life, I enjoyed reading this book because it reminded me of things that I need to practice more diligently and I felt encouraged about the areas in which I'm doing well.  I encourage you all to check out this title.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis