Small but Powerful



The Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer

This is one of those books we own that I'm no longer sure how it came to belong to us.  It's one of those books that I kept telling myself that I need to read because it's a classic in Christian literature.  Finally, I read this book and I'm glad that I did.

The Knowledge of the Holy isn't a long book, it's only 117 pages.  Mr. Tozer packed a lot of truth into such a small book though.  Each chapter (which is only two to four pages long) discusses one attribute of God and gives a concise explanation of how the attribute makes a difference to us in our day to day lives.  

As I've stated before, this is brief but powerful and full of truth.  I took away two things from this book: first, if I hold a low, erroneous view of God then I am guilty of idolatry, second, God always retains all of His attributes all of the time (God doesn't let go of His justice to exercise His mercy for example).  There was so much more in this little book, but this is what stayed deeply rooted in me this time.  I think that I need to add this book to my "yearly read" list of titles.  I think that each year I read it I'll understand and retain a little bit more.

And now I recommend this book to you.  Enjoy!

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home