A Book of Beginnings


Origins of a Story by Jake Grogan

Which author was asked "For God's Sake, Peggy, can't you write a book instead of reading thousands of them?"  Which author wrote a book as a result of tending an ailing animal?  Which author wrote a famous inspirational book while battling cancer late in his life?

You'll find out if you read this book.  I confess to you that I did not read this book cover to cover.  I wasn't interested in all of the books Mr. Grogan shared.  I read about books and authors I was interested in, because I had read them.  I did read about the origins of famous books that I have yet to read and would like to.  Others I have left to you to discover.

The stories are one to three pages long, so this book would be great to take along with you when you have to wait in line at the grocery store or at the doctor's office.  I came away understanding the writer's advice to always write what you know.  So many of the books came as a direct result of personal experiences of the authors or were a literary response to what was in the headlines at the time.  This was an enjoyable read that I can recommend without reservation to you.

Enjoy!

Until next time...

PS  The answers are Margaret Mitchell (Gone with the Wind), E.B. White (Charlotte's Web), and Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Reading

A Book for Going and a Book for Coming Home

Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis